Thursday, November 03, 2005

Not Safe For PETA

Hunting season is upon us for those of you who don't know. Somehow, some venison wound up in my icebox yesterday morning. I think the venison fairy visited us because certainly no one in this household would wash their hair with Scent Killer, sport camo and venture into the woods to kill a few unsuspecting deer. So to honor the buck that has given my family food for the month, I marinated some loin medallions in burgundy wine, fresh garlic, fresh ground pepper, bay leaves and fresh rosemary. Mmmm. So that is what we are having for dinner along with some creamy, cheesy, melty, buttery potatoes. For all of you potato rights activists, don't worry, they didn't feel a thing.

3 comments:

PhotoJoe said...

Mmm, melty... (drool)

Conky said...

nice....im not a giant PETA fan truth be known....

Jim Tantillo said...

I like the idea of a venison fairy . . . do you mind if I borrow that sometime? nice blog--